Thursday, October 10, 2013

At Last..


I’ve had a long interest in food and wine, not in any professional sense but I have a (slightly  obsessional) love of recipe books and foodie magazines, I love to entertain, and I love to drink wine. – All three go hand in hand and so I’m often in the kitchen experimenting – trying to encourage my family to try new foods.
Having said that in recent years I’ve gone for a much more simple style in the food I like to try – recipes that rely more on the quality ingredients we can get in New Zealand that really speak for themselves.
For years some of my friends, especially the many “e-friends” I have, have suggested I start a food blog – heck my friend Tina who has the hugely popular sugarbeanbakers blog started her blog on the suggestion of me and my husband!
Last week I saw a call on Annabel Langbeins website for people to be on her Free Range Foodie Team. – For the scrapbooker friends of mine I would suggest this is very similar to a Designers Creative team –- so in essence a Culinary Creative Team.
I immediately applied, knowing that it would be just up my alley. I love Annabels Free Range Series of books and TV shows  and anyone who follows me on facebook  or who has been to our Scrapbooking your Family History classes, knows I’ve lately been spreading the  word of her Ultimate Chocolate Brownies and Anzac Biscuits far and wide . ( though I must admit to swapping out the raisins and almonds for chopped ginger and chocolate and dipping the bottoms in chocolate too – decadence !)
Anyway – last night – I got word by email that my application had been accepted – how FUN is this going to be!- I cant wait to receive the pre release version of her next book so I can cook for my friends ( already have a waiting list !)
This was the impetus I needed to get this blog up and running.
I hope you find something of interest in here – I intend to not just limit my posts to food but also to wine, and kitchen appliances  and recipe books and magazines - and fairly often its likely to be just a general food related rant .
In case you don’t know me from elsewhere – I’m a Digital Scrapbook Product Designer – have been for over 10 years – I work from home though I’m a people person so that can get a bit lonely at times. – I love photography too so it will be fun to learn food styling photography as I go ( I wish to be Tina when I grow up who is an extremely talented food photographer. ) My other passion of late is family history and I have a family history blog which is a whole other exciting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment