Saturday, October 12, 2013

Simple and Delicious Cookies times 3

 

Samplercookies

While I love to cook meal time food, I’m not quite so  practised at baking. Partially this is because I know if I bake I will want to eat the results, and partially its because I really seem to be a little more challenged in this form of cooking so when I do put my hand to baking the recipe needs to be simple and failproof. – Ok that should read foolproof but that would be admitting more than I care to today!

Annabel Langbein’s book Simple Pleasures includes a recipe she calls Sampler Cookies. She gives a Butter Cookie Base recipe and various options to flavour the dough with.

You can find the recipe on her website here.

I made half the recipe and divided the dough into 3.

The first batch I added Cranberries and White Chocolate, the second batch raisins and cornflakes, and the third batch I added 1/2 teaspoon of almond essence and topped with half a glace cherry (this is  my favourite of the 3)

Do you like my Photo above of my cookies all stacked up!  ( they were warm out of the oven and smelled delicious and it was all I could do not to bite right into them  there and then.)

I really like that you can freeze some of the dough to cook at a later date so next time I’ll be making more!
These would make awesome little Christmas gifts  , stacked  up in a tubular bag with a red bow dont you think?

Oh and can I also give some applause here to the person at Nestle who thought to come up with Condensed Milk in a Tube.  It makes it so much easier when you just want to use a small amount as you do in this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment