Thursday, October 17, 2013

Secret Weapon Number 1

 

I have lots and lots of secret weapons in the kitchen. Some of them are tools, some of them are sauces, or spices or little extras that just make cooking something delicious that much easier.

I have quite a lot of them so its about time I started posting them.

I’m sorry for my American readers some of them you might not have access to –you will just have to come down here and try them yourself!

 

Actually my first secret weapon is one of those - Zarbo’s Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette.

zarbo

 

Actually I think the name is a bit deceiving. I’ve actually never used it as a salad dressing but its wonderful as a meat dressing.  I’ve used it in marinades before cooking on beef and lamb, but it really comes into its own as a drizzle on meat fresh out of the oven. Its got to the point that I wont even cook a butterflied leg of lamb if I dont have a bottle of Rosemary Balsamic on hand.

Its rich and dark and delicious – its even wonderful drizzled over plain old barbequed sausages straight off the barbeque.

 

I’ve tried making my own and frankly nothing seems to compare –

The closest I’ve come to it is a mixture of Balsamic Vinegar ( Ok thats a given)
Rosemary ( Another given)
Olive Oil
and some Pomegranate Syrup ( Another of my secret weapons – will talk about this some other time)

If I finally get a result that even comes close to this one I’ll be sure to give you the recipe -  in the mean time Ill buy mine !

You can buy it from from Zarbo’s website and their shop and a few other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment