Monday, October 21, 2013

Secret Weapon Number 2 - Microplane

 

I’m quite an opinionated person – yeah I know I look like butter wouldn’t melt in my mouth (cough) but I can be quite um – well lets say firm in my views at times. 

microplaneThere are times when my opinions aren’t very malleable too – hard to believe I know - - but you know that sometimes I just have to eat my words,  (or in this case my cheese or lemon rind or chocolate -Lets eat chocolate!) because before I owned one I thought that any old fine grater would do- Why would you want to pay the hideous  price they charge for a Microplane version of a grater - - Hey my $2 box grater does the job!

 

Well – gobble gobble gobble – that’s me having eaten my words ! I now own 2 microplanes with varying styles of blade - and could NOT do without them – and I want MORE!

In my photo above I included the grated lemon – just to show you how fine the amount of rind that the microplane removes so you get all of the delicious oily lemony skin but none of the bitter icky pith. – When you use it for parmesan or chocolate it creates beautiful fine curly tendrils that melt in seconds – and its SHARP! watch those fingers – it does a marvellous job of shredding fingernails if you let it!

If you are wavering on the borderline of buying one – go now – dont hesitate –you wont regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment